“Absolutely stunning. I think that this is not only one of Australia’s best, it is one of the best courses in the world, old or new.” – Geoff Ogilvy
The Dunes, Barnbougle’s original course, is a Links Golf Course unlike any other in Australia. Meandering along Tasmania’s dramatic North East coast, it’s where breathtaking scenery and thrilling golf truly come together.
Golf at the Dunes is a game of strategy, where each shot requires tactical thought and a little creativity can be rewarding.
The Lay Of The Land
A blend of fescue and bent grasses, the course flourishes in the coastal environment. Fairways are wide, wider than most golfers will have experienced on traditional courses. The greens are lively; rolling with the natural undulation of the dunes and with the 4th hole boasting the largest bunker in the southern hemisphere, this course is designed to challenge.
The greens at Barnbougle Dunes run at speeds closely resembling the original greens of the great British links. Contoured in tune with the tumbling land around them, the greens feature a combination of broad slopes and ridges through the playing lines.
A Winner From The Beginning
Barnbougle Dunes has achieved numerous awards and currently holds the following rankings:
- #1 Public access course in Australia (Australian Golf Magazine 2013)
- #2 Golf Course in Australia (Australian Golf Magazine 2013)
- #34 of the world’s top 100 Golf Courses (U.S. Golf Magazine 2012)
- #20 Golf Course outside the U.S. (U.S. Golf Digest 2009/2010)
- #11 Golf Course in the World (U.S. Golf Digest 2014)