Sipping rosé at the polo is the perfect way to spend a summer’s day. So now that your ticket is sorted, let’s address the elephant in the room – what on earth are you going to wear?!
When dressing for the polo, think more summer garden party, less Spring Racing Carnival. What does this mean?
For the ladies:
- A floaty summer dresses, cute romper, maxi skirt and structured crop top or a tailored shorts and shirt combo are all great options. Polo is a day event, so avoid sequins and skintight ensembles and opt for a sophisticated, feminine look.
- Flats are a-ok (in fact leave the stiletto’s at home). Walking on grass is 6” heels is fun for no one, so take the opportunity to team your outfit with some stylish flats or cute wedges. Plus – no sore feet, fab.
- Hats are perfect, fascinators – less so. Keep your fascinator for the races and opt for a floppy straw hat or beautiful boater.
- Accessorise! Drop earrings, a statement bag or standout sunglasses are all great ways to add a little je ne sais quoi to your look.
- Keep makeup fresh-faced and summery. It’s a day event remember, so keep the kohl liner and smoky eye for the afterparty.
For the guys:
- Tailored shorts or chino’s teamed with a button up shirt are the perfect combo.
- Don’t be afraid of colour.
- No flip flops – cool boat shoes, white sneakers or RM’s are great.
- Linen shirt = fabulous. Shirts unbuttoned to the naval, less so. Remember, this is the game of Kings (so keep it classy).
- Guys can also have fun with accessories. A statement watch and/or sunnies are a great way to add a point of difference and keep your kit en point.