At Barnbougle Spa, our focus is to encourage the holistic wellbeing of each individual. With its fresh Tasmanian air and local produce, Barnbougle is the perfect destination to get your health in-check, with the practice of naturopathy serving as a wonderful vehicle in which to do so.
Naturopathic health care is a non-invasive treatment that generally avoids the use of surgery and drugs. It is the prevention of disease through natural means to optimal health.
At Barnbougle we offer consultations with our in-house naturopath, Jaclyn Harris, who can assist in the healing of a broad range of aliments and common complaints, including:
- Digestive complaints
- Exhaustion and fatigue
- Weight loss
- General overall wellbeing.
Jaclyn is particularly experienced in working with hormonal concerns, including menopause as well as preconception/fertility/IVF support, pregnancy and post-pregnancy care.
Jaclyn will work with you to gather information about your current health, family, diet and lifestyle history. Once she has gained an understanding of your state of health, Jaclyn will develop a unique plan for you, using a range of tools such as herbal medicine, dietary advice and planning, nutritional supplements, lifestyle advice and relaxation techniques.
For additional information or to request a consultation with our naturopath, please contact us.
Hypnobirthing ® – The Mongan Method
HypnoBirthing ® – The Mongan Method is as much a philosophy as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress free method of child birth.
This series of childbirth education classes teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxants and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and her mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same manner that it does with all other creatures.
HypnoBirthing ® teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to stiff muscles and pain-causing fear. It teaches the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing ®, you will be aware, fully in control, and yet all the while profoundly relaxed.
Expectant mothers can commence classes anytime after 12 weeks until 35 weeks, however 26-28 weeks is generally viewed as being ideal.
We offer group and private classes which include:
- Your own copy of the book, HypnoBirthing ® – The Mongan Method
- 5 information – packed class meetings, helping you to understand why labor doesn’t have to hurt
- Professionally written scripts for your home practice
- CDs for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding (Including the program cornerstone disk, Rainbow Relaxation)
- Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
- A set of Birth Prompts for your birth companion
- Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
- A hypnotic session in building birth confidence and eliminating fear
- A guide to good pregnancy nutrition
- Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing,
- Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birth
- Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labor and during birth
- The advantage and confidence of the Mongan Method reputation for top-quality birthing preparation
To (take out the consult hypnotherapist part) enquire about upcoming classes, please contact us on 03 63560094 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org