Getting to Barnbougle
Barnbougle Tasmania is approximately one hour from Launceston and 90 minutes from Launceston airport. For first time visitors or those traveling at night, we recommend that you use the George Town route when getting to Barnbougle.
The George Town Route
- Stay on the highway from the airport or Hobart all the way through the centre of Launceston.
- Stay on the A8 for 40 minutes until you see a right turn signposted to Bridport onto the B82 (if you reach the Bell Bay traffic island you have gone too far).
- The B82 will take you all the way to Bridport junction, turn left and then follow the signposted right turn to Barnbougle Dunes.
- If you are arriving on the Spirit of Tasmania, it takes 1 hour to travel from Devonport to Launceston on Highway 1. The most popular and quickest route is to Bridport via Lilydale. Travel through scenic countryside and past several of Tasmania’s most famous vineyards.
The Bridport Via Lilydale Route
- Stay on the highway from the airport or Hobart all the way through the centre of Launceston. Take the right turn signposted ‘Lilydale’.
- Follow this road for 5 minutes and take another right turn also signposted ‘B81 Lilydale’.
- Stay on the B81 for approx. 30mins until after you have passed through Lebrina.
- Then take a signposted turn left to Pipers Brook. This will take you to the B82 ‘T’ junction, turn right to Bridport.
- Follow this road until you reach a ‘T’ Junction and turn left towards Bridport.
- You’ll see a right turn to Barnbougle Dunes signposted at a ‘T’ junction a few hundred metres along.